Thursday, September 15, 2011

Julian Müller

I have just heard from Julian Müller who is now studying at Indiana University. Julian is the recipient of a scholarship from the Ferris Burtis Foundation this year.






Here are some quotes from his message: 'My teacher here is excellent. I am discovering many things about my body and how it relates to the cello. My sound has opened up and things seem as if they are going in the right direction.

I did very well on a screened orchestra audition and got into one of the two top ensembles of the University's five orchestras. I am in a Chamber Orchestra, one of four cellos which is very exposed and really exciting. I am in two chamber groups. So I am very busy and learning a lot, taking other classes, theory, piano, and a pedagogy class.'

Bravo, Julian! We cheer you on to greater heights.

Julian will play a recital for us here at Rood Hill Farm in the spring or summer when he returns from Indiana.

The Ferris Burtis Foundation welcomes your gifts to help us continue our work with young classical musicians. Checks made out to 'Ferris Burtis Foundation' may be sent to:
Berkshire Taconic Foundation, 800 North Main Street, Sheffield, MA 01257.

No comments:

Post a Comment